Higher Ground Church was organized back in April of 1997 by a small group of people who met together in the home of a friend in Marvin, NC. That core group of believers eventually moved to the Indian Land, SC community and met for several years in the old Six Mile Creek church building that was built in the 1800’s. In December of 1999, we were blessed with chance to purchase 15 acres on Possum Hollow Rd. Since that time, our church has continued to blossom into what it is today.
We are a church who loves the Lord Jesus and are committed to serving Him in this community. Our church is involved in many local and foreign ministries. In 2005 we started the HGC Child Development Center with an After School Program and Summer Camp.
We are a loving church who remains committed to do whatever it takes to reach our world for Jesus Christ!